Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

CHASE - 13 & 14 months

Quite behind on the updates... Geesh. You would think I have ALL the time in the world still not working! I have been keeping my notes, so although I didn't post on the 13 month, I have my notes and did take some pictures.

Chase, at 13 months YOU:
  • Are no longer taking bottles.... Not sure how it happened. You stopped drinking much at all at bedtime, and loved the sippy cup at meal and snack times, so it somehow just happened! Sad, but really won't complain about not having to wash out bottles anymore.
  • Can take several steps on your own, but still like to crawl to where you want to go.
  • Seem to have taken up WHINING - ugh. Please start using words little man. Just a few so I know how to make the whining stop. :-) Thank You!
  • Think it is GREAT fun to throw your sippy cup overboard like 20 times at every snack and meal. LOL. Yah, real funny. We have tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Yelling, not saying anything, just putting it back on your tray, tying it to a strap.... Cup Overboard. And Lance is trying to tell you that it's no good too!
  • Are an AMAZING little sleeper and for that Mom and Dad thank you dearly. Still on two naps a day. Ready for bed by 6:30-6:45. Up around 7. Maybe will cry out for a few minutes in the night, but can generally get yourself back to sleep once you find those pacifiers in the crib!
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE your Daisy! (See sweet pictures below)
  • Play this little game with me in the car - I say AH HA - and you repeat, getting louder and louder.... and you giggle in between too - Just thinking about this brings a smile to my face.
  • Attempt to climb into ANYTHING and everything you can. Drawers and boxes especially.
  • Just like to make noise (see picture below) This toy has temporarily been put up....
  • Help me blow on your food to cool it off, and often spit on it as well.
  • Pretend many different toys are phones and hold it up to your ear and start jabbering away.
  • Purse your lips together and blow to make an elephant noise. Say Ah, Ah for monkey and Mmmm for cow.
  • Can clearly say: Ball- Well, Ba anyway.And When I say ready, set.... you finish with GO!
  • Have added the "Please" sign to your sign language.
  • Are one busy, but VERY happy little boy. Although I get tired and frustrated at times, I am enjoying this extra time at home with you at this age.

 

 
 

At 14 Months YOU:

  • Have discovered the trash can, and like to pull things out of it when it gets full... UGH again. Mommy will learn.
  • Are WALKING everywhere. I guess it truly does happen overnight. You were taking several steps here and there on your own and loved to push around the dump trucks and other walkers. And then BOOM, just like that, you barely crawl at all.
  • Have added BA-BA to your Bye-Bye wave. Pretty cute at the grocery store, especially when you will follow it up with blowing a kiss :-)
  • do NOT want to be placed in your car seat most days..... I dread taking Lance to school, because I know of the battle you will fight. You want to stand and arch your back. And giggle the entire time - really, not funny. Again, Mom will learn a trick!
  • Head for the stairs any chance you get. You do GREAT climbing up, but we need a little more practice coming down backwards on your belly.
  • Are starting to like books much more. Pointing and jibber jabbering. You'll bring me a book, turn around and back your little bottom up to my lap - I must never forget this memory - LOVE it!
  • Realized you can spin in circles. You do it standing up and sitting down - always with a HUGE grin on your face.
  • Have NO patience when it is time to eat. When I start making food, you want it NOW, not in 2 or 5 or 10 minutes....
  • Sway back and forth and do a little dance when you hear music - so FUN
  • Still prefer 2 naps. I tried to condense to one, knowing if you were in daycare you would only have one, and you're about that age. But We are both better off if you take 2. A short one in the morning and the long in the afternoon.
  • Give a high five every time I come to get you out of your carseat.
  • Have 8 teeth. 4 on bottom and top - with the cutest little space between the top two!
  • Are starting to be able to identify parts of the face: Nose, Eyes, Mouth. I think you know what they all are, but you especially love poking me in the eye.
  • Like to brush your teeth like you BIG brother.
  • Still love your fruits, but aren't much of a veggie fan - I sneak them in here and there.
  • I think you are starting to like to take things from Lance, just to see his reaction... hmmm.....
  • Are SO MUCH FUN and couldn't get much happier. Although you really aren't a fan of me leaving the room (probably because we spend so much time together these days) We need to work on that.
A fun little photo-shoot a few days before 14 months. Gorgeous weather, Breakfast together at Panera and shopping at the Village of East Davenport. Doesn't get much more fun than that!


 "Mom, please don't make me wear this hat!"









No comments:

Post a Comment