Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Friday, March 29, 2013

GANT Good, no GREAT, Friday

A new tradition for the Gant family this year - an early Easter get together to make some memories and just hang out! My heart was overjoyed to be able to see the kids having fun and making memories and the adults enjoying the company of one another. Food, drinks, laughs, excitement, exhaustion, & Easter candy of course - the best times of family get together, never forgotten!

The big kids were happy to hide the Easter eggs for the little ones... and the big kids had their own hunt for letters to decode a silly Easter phrase.
All of the Gant grandkids, less Alex the oldest who had to slip away for a soccer game - the busy life to the Gant kids.
I had to chuckle as I was looking through my pictures - in 90% of the group pics, Lance and Dylan (3.5 and 4) were shoveling candy into their mouths! I think this was the latest Lance has ever stayed up, until 11:30, with fruit snacks at 10:30... good times!
 Mr. Rhys crawling like a big boy!! So adorable.
We were blessed with some decent Spring weather on Friday and had fun times in the fresh air.
A little game of 500, good fashion fun in a doggy pile.......

Chase joining in on the fun, with cousin Gavin keeping a good eye on him so he doesn't get tackled!
One of my two favorite captures of the day - Uncle Larry "stinky" in action - so skillful running and playing with beer in hand!
The two (2) Gant girl cousins bonding - opted out of the rough and messy play and had their very own little photo shoot! Gorgeous girls I must say!
What would a get together be in these days and ages without a little family electronic bonding time, right??!
Mom, Jaymi and I. (Gail and Alex are due for their own photoshoot since I think they are the only two that escaped a single picture throughout the day!) Well, and Elizabeth, who we missed at this gathering! We'll forgive her this time, only because we love Avalon.
As the sun went down, the atmosphere calmed down a bit. The boys decided to play some cards..... and even tried to teach a couple of the younger ones.
And my other favorite capture of the day - Nicky and two of her boys - simply in relax mode. Hanging out and chillaxin!

Yes, I'm going to brag here - I couldn't be happier to have one of the MOST amazing families ever! Getting together and hanging out is one of my favorite things I look forward to. Watching the kids and remembering the memories I made at their age with my cousins.... priceless. The only thing that could make these get together's ANY better would be having Dad here! (And Elizabeth for this one too!)

Dad, if for some reason you aren't able to look down upon us I hope you at least have access to a computer so you can keep up on my blog and Facebook. You're missing out on one heck of a family that you created!!! We miss you and think of you every time we're together.

Happy Easter to all - more Easter pics to follow on a separate post.


No comments:

Post a Comment