Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Sunday, December 1, 2013

it's the MOST wonderful time of the year!

Yes, I have been in blogger slacker mode since, Oh about September. Rest assure I will be backdating a few blog posts, hopefully before the New Year rings in! BUT, before I start those past posts I decided I must start with my most favorite time of the year, perhaps one of my most favorite weekends of the year - NO, NOT Black Friday shopping....... Cutting down the tree & decorating the house! I might get that little kid excitement on this weekend, and even more now with two (ok, 3) boys sharing in the same giddy excitement :-)

As we sat by this little fire, Lance asked when we would be making our next camping trip, and proceeded to ask about camping about 5 or 6 times throughout the weekend. It makes us pretty happy that he shares our love of the camping adventures.
Oh, where does the time go - look at this sweet little toddler!
I caught him - with a BIG grin on his face.
 These boys were cracking me up..... While Dad went to get the saw, Chase got so angry that I made him sit so he pulled the hat over his eyes... which Lance thought was hilarious! It then turned into a peek a boo game and I was able to capture some pure, genuine Lance and Chase smiles - love it!
 I think this is the ONE Dad :-)

Lance wanted to be right there in the action.

We got it home and set up and Daisy would NOT stay out of the tree - she was SO convinced there was a bird hiding in there..... I am somewhat nervous that we might come home to a horizontal tree with broken ornaments one of these days.
And although we aren't big Black Friday shoppers, we did head out later in the day as a family and made this fun purchase (or so we thought to be fun) ..... No wonder it was a cheap buy! In only 2 days I think we have had to put the thing back on the track at least 50 times - I am NOT exaggerating! I am going to be offering the boys each 1 ticket for fixing it a day. That seems fair, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment