Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Saturday, February 9, 2013

The letter "R"

A new adventure began this week in our ever changing lives! We were presented with a part-time  pre-school opening at Lance's school/daycare. And since I have not yet found a job, it really makes NO SENSE what so ever for Lance to be attending a daycare/pre-school ALL day long every day. (although I have enjoyed my Chase time the past couple of months!) - Oh, and the savings from full to part time will be nice too :-)

I decided to step it up, soak in the fact that I am truly a "stay at home Mom" and work on more learning and activities to keep the boys busy.

Lance was thrilled about the calendar I bought for our very own "circle" and calendar time each day! Dad took him to Lowe's for a little pointer like his teachers have. He loves to play teacher and sing "days of the week" to Chase.


Letter of the week at school is "R" so I decided to expand and reinforce it at home.

Started with some "R" coloring and painting sheets....... Lance painted a "Rainbow Rhinoceros" He wanted to use ALL of the paint colors.

 Lance loved this "R" letter hunt with his dot paint markers. I just wrote out different letters all over the page, with multiple R's, then he chose one color to find and dot paint all of the R's he could find. And then chose another color for all other letters...... Might be doing this one each week! He is already asking about doing it again.

We also went hunting outside for ROCKS and then washed and painted our own rock friends! - This was Chase's very 1st time EVER painting. Of course Lance picked the color red for Chase... probably not the best color. He was doing great, you can see what he thought about it below...... and when I turned for 2 seconds to help Lance I glanced back to see a mouth that looked like there was BLOOD pouring out of it. ( No pic of that, I was too worried to quickly get the paint OUT of his mouth)  And that was the end of that experience for Chase! Mean Mommy!
 Lance being a nice big brother, showing Chase the rocks he is finding. "Look buddy, you just put the rocks in here...... then we will go inside and paint them"

I guess the rock cleaning SHOULD have been a sign of what was going to happen with the painting. He was so into cleaning his rock.......
And then ........ "What Mom, it's a toothbrush right? I'm suppose to brush my teeth with it, right?"
 


And then there were some new iPad learning apps I downloaded to teach the letter "R" (This was a BIG hit for both of them)

Although we read almost every day, this week we spent a little more time reading since it ties in with the letter R - YAY - excuses to read - Lance's favorite and Chase is slowly gaining his attention span for more reading (Chase sees blueberries on this page, one of his favorites, and he is pretending to eat them here in this pic - he's learning so much these days!) Starting to make me just a little sad that he isn't a baby anymore...

Just one last R to end the week on Saturday, although a little chilly and windy, R is for ROCKETS of course!



Thank you to best buddy Lawson, from Kansas, for this super COOL birthday gift!

It was a busy week for sure and we need to work on a more scheduled routine for all of us, but I am already excited to plan activities for next week - letter "S" and Valentine's - watch out! Pinterest has way too many fun ideas! Oh, and I should probably schedule time for laundry and cleaning too I suppose.......


No comments:

Post a Comment