Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Thursday, May 23, 2013

capturing MY joys

So, I am taking a leap of faith - I am going to give this photography thing a try! It's something God KNOWS I love doing (and if you are friends and family you know just how much time I spend doing it!) But there is still a lot of practice and testing to be done with settings, lighting, editing, etc.

Lance had his last day of Pre-school yesterday (picture below) and has been asking if/when he can start "skipping" naps. I have been telling him he's not quite ready (well, maybe I'M not quite ready) for that yet! However, today when I walked into his room after putting Chase down for his nap, Lance had picked up his ENTIRE room - which we had tore apart pretty badly in the morning during some hardcore PLAY time! I didn't ask him to, he just took it upon himself to put everything back in it's place, SOOOO I rewarded him by letting him skip his nap! And then I rewarded him further by offering him a little surprise if he would be a model for me to get some photography practice. So we both won I guess. It was pretty short-lived, but I'll take it. If he does as well as he did today skipping naps, maybe I can trade him his nap for a few minutes of "practice" a few times a month! Hmmm.....

Of course I had to let him bring along his most prized toys for this little photo shoot - Rescue Bot Transformers! But it was perfect, because honestly this captures exactly who Lance is these days! When he wakes up in the morning, it's all about Transformers and when he goes to bed at night, the same.

I will say, this age is going to be a tough one to capture. None-the-less, THIS is what I get to capture each day of my life right now! And although some days may get a little frustrating at times, my daily changing Transformer "code" names and these open mouth grins couldn't make me any happier :-) These two pictures, although not really what I was going for, truly capture Lance at 3.5 years old. Resisting a smile for the camera and grinning while talking with his beloved Optimus Prime!

Lance and his "sword" during the photoshoot - a blade of grass. "I will defeat you RC!" Or was I Airachnid today? I wasn't Mom or Mommy, I know that for sure. LOL
 
This weather makes life so relaxing and enjoyable! (If only I could get these two to share, and you know which two I'm talking about here!)
 Ms Andrea and Lance at his school picnic! Lance is so excited to have Ms Andrea again next year for his Pre-K class. Look at this happy little boy.
 And Ms MaryFran, his other teacher, whom Chase absolutely adores.

No comments:

Post a Comment