Blogger Header Bar

Blogger Header Bar

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Thoughts

Twas the night before Mothers Day, I was drawing a hot bath,
But not before I took cars, boats and toys out of my path!

While I was soaking and relaxing, I started thinking about,
some of my frequent complaints that I would be so lost without!

Some days are challenging and my patience grows weak,
and I have to remind myself my love is all that they seek.

"Read them a book Joy, let the laundry pile high"
And if there's a bad day, just hold them and cry.

Tantrums and diaper time will be oh so short lived,
So soak up the tender times, or myself I'll never forgive.

It's ok to make mistakes, a perfect Mother I will never be,
But give my heart and my best - I need to focus and just be me.

Motherhood is a priceless gift, we're reminded each day.
So if all else fails right now, get down on the floor and just play!

Romantic dinners and vacations will be endless in 18 years or so...
So for now breathe the fresh air, take the camper and just go!

Not a soul could ever prepare me for this Motherly love that I feel
and I've prepared myself, mine isn't the only heart they will steal.

My day consists of firetrucks, Transformers, and tears.
and to think that will be gone in less than 5 years.

This life as I know it, will be changing so fast.
And the joyful memories we make today will soon be in the past.

So turn the complaints off if at all possible and turn the CHERISH button "ON"
Because before you know it, you can't get it back - these toddler days are long gone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this Mother's Day was? Although I didn't spend this Mothers Day with my Mom, she was the first person I spoke with when I woke up. I guess just knowing that there is this endless love pouring from her to me and all of her kids is something in itself to be thankful for. Even when I don't see her, or even talk with her, I know there is a love for me in her heart, as there is a love in my heart for her. A connection made somewhere between birth and 32 - a connection I'm sure I cut off at about oh, 16 or 17 for a few years (which I am very sorry for Mom!) But we were able to somehow weld back together. Perhaps because I became a mother myself.

After the conversation with my Mom and multiple tugs at the leg in excitement of opening his special Mothers Day gift, I got to see such excitement in a 3.5 year old little boys eyes- pure joy and excitement to see me open what he had worked on all week at pre-school. A beautiful little flower pot with his hand prints for flowers and ladybug finger prints, topped off with a ribbon! And he told me about each detail.... then said "Mommy, do you love it?" Lance, you have no idea how much I love it. Honestly I loved the excitement, reaction, voice, and expression more than the gift itself. I hope that my life is recorded and when I leave the earth someday I can watch (and feel) these happy moments over and over and over again.

Adding to the favorites of the day would be my "breakfast" with the boys. I love donuts - they love donuts, so it was an easy decision! Lance always wants a sprinkle donut and he thought his brother needed a sprinkle donut too of course. I ordered up a Chocolate Long John. Two bites into his donut he asks me "what kind you have over there Mommy?" So I tell him and offer him a bite. "Ok, sure." A minute or so later I am helping Chase with his donut and milk and when I turn around Lance has a huge chocolate grin on his face and literally half my donut is gone. He is giggling, the lady in the booth nearby is giggling and all I can do is smile and giggle. At least he saved me some calories for the day, right?

And another Mothers Day favorite to end the day - bedtime prayers.  Most nights there are 2 - two - things Lance says he is thankful for. The first is almost always "Thank you and you're welcome for you, Mommy!" And the second one is a toss up. Sometimes for his night light, sometimes his cozy bed, sometimes the iPad, sometimes his Transformers... you get the picture. I say my prayers first and Thank God for letting me be a Mommy to two happy and healthy boys. Lance starts his prayers and I am waiting for the Mothers Day "I'm thankful for YOU Mommy" But what comes out is actually even better for some reason...... "Thank you and you're welcome for my leader Megatron!" Followed by belly giggles from both Lance and me. Oh, my heart can't stop smiling.


How did I get so lucky to be a mother? (Words I don't say every day, but really should!)

*** Although it isn't on my list above, I must add that my thoughtful husband never forgets to spoil me on Mothers Day! Flowers and a beautiful watch also added to the other beautiful Mothers Day memories that were created! Oh, and I may have treated myself to a relaxing pedicure. Really couldn't get much better ***

No comments:

Post a Comment